Saturday, April 24, 2010

PMQG sewing night

Tonight was the Portland Modern Quilt Guild's sewing night at Modern Domestic. It's a way fun place. They have all the supplies there, you just bring your project and work on it. And they have NICE equipment.

I brought the tiny pinwheels that are going to be the sashing of my pinwheel party quilt. There's 24 of the little buggers and they're a pain in the butt to sew together. I had already done 8 of them (blue and purple); tonight I completed the other 16 (red, orange, yellow and green). I did a pretty good job matching the points, but it's tough.

It was really cool to see everyone else's projects. I didn't really need any of Mod Domestic's supplies, but it was totally worth the cost to just hang out and sew with a bunch of neat ladies. I'm really looking forward to doing it again.

I also got to rummage through Mod Domestic's scrap bin and I found TWO pieces of fabric with squirrels on them! Heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, modern domestic has a SCRAP BIN? Yee haw! Looking forward to next month, the whole family is sick now so had to sit this one out. I agree it is so nice to be around others who are creating!

    ReplyDelete