Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Needle Types

I found an article about choosing an appropriate needle size in the October, 2006 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. I tried to find the article on their website, but I think it's probably too old. It includes a very simple table on pg 82 titled "Task and Coordinating Machine-Needle Sizes."

I've reproduced the table below:

I've been using quilting needles for all of my piecing and quilting. I bought a multi-pack with sizes 75 and 90. I'm using the 75s most often, but I haven't been quilting or piecing anything too complex or thick.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks. I've been piecing with 75/11, but was thinking I should look it up somewhere to make sure I was using the correct size. You saved me the trouble :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super helpful little chart you have! Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete