Thursday, April 29, 2010

Love U Baby Quilt

Love U Baby Quilt Top, originally uploaded by A Scattered Squee.

Tuesday, I made a quilt.

I had bought a charm pack of Love U fabric at some point in the past (I'm sure it was either on sale or I used a 40% off coupon at Fabric Depot) and, while rummaging through my stash, I came across it and decided to make it into a quilt.

It's based on this stacked coins tutorial, but doesn't exactly follow the pattern. I didn't buy any new fabric specifically for this quilt, which pleases me. The back is a piece of flannel that I bought as a remnant a while back (love remnants!!).

I took advantage of literally 5 minutes of sun to run the quilt out and take some pictures. The lawn was pretty wet, but luckily it's a light quilt so it didn't bend the grass over and get muddy.


The one disappointment is that I forgot to adjust my tension before I quilted, so it's got a few places where you can see loops pulled through from the top.

Construction details:
Piecing thread: Guterman 100% cotton in a cream or light beige color.
Batting: probably warm&natural cotton - used a left-over section.
Quilting thread: white Guterman 100% poly - I didn't have any white cotton thread.
Tension: forgot to increase. Whoops. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment