Saturday, January 23, 2010

Divine Hat

I was at Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day because I had a 50% off one item coupon and I wanted to get a set of knitting needles. I'd found the needles I wanted online, but they didn't have them in the store (disappointing). It seemed silly to leave without using my coupon at all, so I decided to get a skein of yarn.

I ended up choosing a lovely yarn for a hat pattern I found on ravelry.com. It worked up very fast and was a fun pattern that didn't require a lot of brain cells to figure out. Here's the finished divine hat with the band from the yarn.


Here it is seen with more light. All the color variations are in the one skein of yarn. The background color is black, but there are places in the yarn that are very bright while other places are totally black. It was a very neat yarn color-wise to work with. It's a boucle, so it's quite a bumpy yarn. It worked very well for this pattern because it doesn't require that you locate every stitch - most of the stitches are made between 2 stitches rather than actually in a stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment